Magneto is a young and rising longboard brand from California. The history of skateboarding began in Carlsbad, California, where the Magneto tradename was acquired from a British company by a team of seasoned product engineers who have successfully revived the longboard brand. However, because of good reviews and ease of accessibility, they have been a fast-growing brand in the world of longboards.
Magneto Skateboards produces high-end longboards and cruisers that are fairly inexpensive (under $200) and provide excellent value for the money. The feedback from Magneto longboard owners has been extremely favorable, which is quite remarkable given our prior experience that lower pricing generally implies reduced quality.
Should You Buy A Magneto Longboard?
Magneto Longboards are great for beginners because they are stable and have a mellower riding style, making it easier to cruise around. They’re also great for more experienced riders who want a relaxed ride without sacrificing quality or performance.
One of the best things about Magneto boards is that they’re inexpensive for the quality that you get. You could easily spend $200 or more on a longboard from a more established brand, but with Magneto you’re getting the same (or better) quality for much less.
Here are a few quick facts about their boards:
- Magneto longboards are well-built and durable.
- They have a mellower riding style that’s great for beginners.
- The price point is excellent, especially given the high quality of their products.
- Magneto longboards are made of high-quality materials and construction.
- Magneto’s unique three-stage mounting system makes its boards extremely stiff and durable.
- All magneto decks are pressed with bamboo veneers which add strength and stiffness while reducing weight.
Magneto Pros & Cons
If you’re looking for a great longboard that won’t break the bank, Magneto is a great option. Their boards are well-made, durable, and perform exceptionally well. You can’t go wrong with a Magneto longboard! That being said, there are quite a few pros and cons to consider before you make up your mind.
- Premium decks that are made from bamboo, maple, and fiberglass
- They come in a variety of sizes, ranging from 35 to 44 inches
- Various shapes for different styles of longboarding include pintail, bamboo drop-through, blunt nose, cut out, and dancer
- High-quality wheels and bearings
- Heavy-duty gravity cast aluminum trucks
- Available in different levels of concave
- Great for beginners & pros
- Excellent customer service
- Easy on the wallet
- Trucks are loose because of soft bushings
- Simple and plain designs
- Grip tape is a spray-on sand grit that doesn’t hold up well (you may need to apply some new grip eventually)
Best Magneto Longboard
The Dropthrough Carver Magneto longboard is the ideal bamboo longboard for carving down the road! The board’s deck features a drop-through truck configuration for a reduced center of gravity and improved ride. It’s made to be stable and efficient, so it combines the best qualities of both genres, making it ideal for surfing along the coast, exploring in your neighborhood, or on-campus skating. This board includes a skate tool to help you customize your board to your specific requirements.
The concave of the carver board is shallow, with a nice arched camber. The concave makes for a pleasant ride under your feet, while the chamber adds energy and responsiveness to the board.
- Deck measurements: 9″ width, 38.5″ length
- Deck materials: 3 plies of bamboo, 1 ply of fiberglass
- Board weight: 8 lbs
- Max weight capacity: 250 lbs
- Wheels: 70mm, 78A durometer
- Trucks: gravity cast aluminum longboard trucks with High Rebound bushings
- Bearings: ABEC 5 longboard bearings
This board is ideal for a variety of outdoor activities and modes of transportation. Take it to the park, the beach, traveling, camping, the bike path, or the pump track; you name it. Check out the Carver Magneto Longboard now!
History Of Magneto Boards
Magneto is located in Carlsbad, California, a sunny metropolis. The brand’s tradename was bought back from a firm in the United Kingdom. Since then, the company has been reviving the skateboard lineups.
California is the ideal location to create and sell skateboards, since it has a long history in skating and surfing. This group of product engineers is proud of their brainpower, which includes their parent firm’s more than 50 years of product development expertise.
They design golf clubs, planes, and a slew of other things. They aren’t only interested in creating a fantastic deck. The group is all about using cutting-edge technology to create the best quality products possible in order to revolutionize the skate industry. They also believe in making their items accessible to everyone, even if it means lowering the price tag on high-quality skateboards.
Apart from quality, the brand takes its designs and graphics seriously by creating interesting and appealing visuals. Magneto also sells parts, accessories, clothing, skate tools, children’s helmets, and caps on their website. They also have an electric skateboard collection.
So, should you buy a Magneto longboard? If you’re looking for a quality deck that is made from bamboo, maple, and fiberglass, comes in a variety of sizes, and has various shapes for different styles of longboarding, then the answer is yes. The wheels and bearings are also high-quality, making it great for beginners or pros. However, the trucks are loose because of soft bushings and the grip tape is a spray-on sand grit that doesn’t hold up well.
Overall, though, the Magneto longboard is an excellent choice for anyone interested in getting into longboarding or upgrading their current set-up.