Mounting a skateboard on the wall is a great way to showcase how much you love skateboarding. In this article, we will discuss how to mount your board easily and quickly so that it doesn’t take up too much of your time or energy. With just a few tools and materials, you can have it mounted on the wall in no time!
Another great benefit of mounting your skateboard is how easy it will be to take it down when you decide that you want to use it again.
Many people would like to mount a board on the wall, but they don’t because taking it down and re-mounting could get tiresome after a while. If this sounds familiar, you should consider how easy it will be to take your board down when you need to.
What Do You Need To Hang The Skateboard On The Wall?
- Ruler or measuring tape
- Screw or nails
- Hammer, screwdriver, or drill
The first thing you will need is the actual skateboard. If it is already assembled, make sure to take the trucks off before hanging the deck on your wall. The trucks add a lot of weight, making it harder to hang and more likely to fall.
Next, you will need a ruler or measuring tape and an object that can be used as a marker for exactly where you want to hang up your board (i.e. a pencil, nail, or screw).
The third thing you will need is the hardware for hanging your skateboard on the wall. This generally consists of screws and nails as well as anchors to hold them in place (depending on how thick your board is). Make sure that they are strong enough to support all of the weight of the skateboard.
Prepare The Skateboard To Get Hung Up
Once you have everything that is needed, it’s time to prepare your skateboard. Lay it down on a flat surface with the artwork side facing up and determine how high off of the ground you want to hang the board. Once this has been decided, mark exactly where each screw or nail will go so that they are evenly spaced from one another.
If you haven’t already taken the trucks and wheels off of the skateboard, now is the time to do that as well. When hanging the board, you don’t want any added weight to make it harder for sturdy mounting.
Hanging The Skateboard On The Wall
Now that everything is prepared and ready to go, it’s time to hang up your skateboard! This part is fairly simple as all of the prep work has already been done beforehand.
However, there are a few different ways that you can hang your skateboard on the wall.
Hanging A Skateboard On The Wall With Fishing Line
- Feed a piece of fishing line through the two furthest holes on your deck. Make sure that by holding the fishing line, the graphic will be displayed the way you’d like it to.
- With a pair of scissors, cut off 1 foot (0.30 m) or so of fishing line. Feed the end of the fishing line through one hole and then back towards you through the other hole with the deck facing you.
- Make a loop with the ends of the fishing line. The fishing line may be slippery, so make sure to tie a knot that will keep it in place, such as a granny knot. Make sure not to tie it too tightly to the deck’s holes, but rather allow some space between the knot and the deck for easier hanging.
- Hammer a nail into the wall and attach the fishing line to it. Place a nail against a wall surface where you’d want the deck to begin. Then, using a hammer, firmly pound the nail into position. Stop just before the head of the nail is almost but not quite flush with the wall. Attach the fishing line between the nail head and the wall.
If you’re hanging a few decks, make careful measurements with a measuring tape and pencil to figure out where they should be placed so they’re evenly spaced.
Use Wall Mounts To Display Your Deck
- Insert a wall anchor into a drilled hole in the wall. To ensure that your deck is safely supported, insert a plastic wall anchor into the hole after drilling it.
- Use a screw to secure your deck display to the wall. A screw should be included with your deck display. Hold the display against the wall and align the hole at the center with the one you drilled in the wall. Thread a screw into place through the hole in the exhibit using a drill or screwdriver.
- Slide the board onto the display and twist the bolts towards the wall. Twist the two bolts that came with the display on each of the projections sticking out from the display once you’ve secured it to the wall. Then, line up the two screw holes nearest to the end of your deck with the posts and insert it.
- Twist the T nuts onto the display until they are flush against the deck. This will ensure that no part of the deck comes into contact with the wall, and it will securely hold the deck in place.
What’s The Best Way To Mount Your Skateboard To The Wall?
The cleanest way to mount your skateboard to the wall is by using wall mounts. A wall mount will make it look like the deck is floating on the wall.
Using a fishing line is a close second but if you’re anything like me seeing the fishing line will start to bug you after some time, especially if it’s not done perfectly. However, many people prefer this method because it is easier and most people already have everything that’s needed around the house.
How Much Will The Deck Weigh On The Wall?
A regular skateboard weighs between 2.205 and 4.409 lbs (1 to 2 kg). This is important to know when choosing what kinds of nails, screws, and anchors to use.
That being said, if you want to mount your skateboard with the trucks and wheels attached, it will weigh approximately 6.6 to 11 lbs (2 to 5 kg). There is a larger discrepancy here because the weight of wheels and trucks varies much more than skateboard decks.
If you’re going to mount your board with fishing line make sure that it can support the weight.
Is It Easy To Take The Skateboard Off Mounts?
It’s a simple process to take the board off wall mounts because you just have to pull it up.
However, with fishing line it can be a little more difficult in that you’ll need pliers and in some cases even scissors so make sure not to tie your knot too tightly when hanging from this method.